The overall aim of this project was to encourage the transfer of good practice and exchange of experience in relation to tackling youth unemployment in five locations: Timisoara (RO), Amadora (PT), Seville (ES), Ealing (UK) and Lublin (PL).
More specifically this project brought together partners from 5 EU member states who were experiencing some very similar challenges:
- A significant surge in youth unemployment levels in the previous two years;
- A growing proportion of young people out of work for longer than one year;
- An increase in the group of young people who could be characterised as being in danger of being “left behind”, including ethnic minorities (Roma, African, Pakistani, Bangladeshi) and unskilled /unqualified young people, which could also be linked with very challenging urban contexts;
- A new experience regarding relatively qualified young people being unable to secure a foothold in the labour market.
The partners used the available resources to exchange
experiences and identify good/better practice in addressing two
specific policy and practice challenges they faced:
- How to better manage the transition from education/training into work in a very difficult and protracted economic crisis;
- How to make education and training pathways more effective in preparing young people for the requirements of the labour market.
To achieve these aims the project had the following
- In each partner location a Local Action Group (LAG) was established. These LAG’s were multi sectoral and also multi-governance in make up.
- Each LAG undertook a base line study which captured the policy context and practice in their areas in relation to the two sub themes.
- A transnational exchange of experience and mutual learning programme that had the following elements:
- Two transnational
workshop for a facilitated exchange between partners and inputs related to the
sub theme from outside the partnership
- Two follow-up
online events which addressed the issues that had been agreed during each of
the two transnational workshop
transnational Dissemination event.
and Disseminate the outcomes of the project at local/regional level and at an
Read more about the project at: http://www.ludenet.org/projects/type