The aim of the project was to integrate three important concepts in society and current education: New Technologies (ICTs), Second Language Learning and Culture. Teachers and educators have to be able to develop abilities and didactic strategies necessary for the curricular use of the ICTs. The common European Framework for Languages remarks that the person who learns second languages also develops his/her intercultural abilities. For that reason cultural contents must not appear in an isolated way but they must be an integral part of the programmed communicative situations.
- Introduce an innovative way of working in the
field of second language teaching;
- Provide the basis for using ICT in teaching
- Develop materials tailored to the needs of the
- Promoting intercultural dialogue;
- Facilitate the access of immigrants or persons
in risk of social exclusion to new technologies;
- Facilitating the learning of a second language
as a means of integrating personal, social and cultural development;
- Promote the implementation of future
collaborative projects between the different institutions involved in this
- Intercultural Institute Timisoara
- Centro Educacion Permanente CEHEL
- Learnwell Oy Finland (private adult education provider, offering mainly foreign language courses)
- RDIKSD BJC Rīgas Skolēnu pils, Rīgas Interešu izglītības metodiskais centrs Latvia (provider of leisure activities)
- Associayione Innovazione e Diffusione per lo Sviluppo Economico ed Ambientale (I.D.E.A.) Italy.
More details about the project are available here: https://www.facebook.com/Segundaslenguas/.